Yoga for kids is a great way to celebrate the various seasons throughout the year. Seasonal yoga gets children learning, moving, and having fun! The following kids yoga lesson plans are designed for children ages three to eight, but they could be adapted for younger or older children. Each session can be between fifteen to forty-five minutes, depending on the needs and requirements of the children.
The intention of these seasonal kids yoga lesson plans is to learn about various seasons through movement. In preparation for your seasonal yoga experience, feel free to gather props and information about each season of winter, spring, summer, and autumn. You could use resources such as YouTube clips, newspaper articles, magazine pictures, old calendar pictures, Internet sites, guest speakers, brochures, and fiction and non-fiction books.
To set up your Seasonal Yoga experience for success:
- Focus on having fun with movement, not on practicing perfectly aligned poses.
- Engage the children.
- Follow their passions and interests.
- Create authentic, meaningful experiences.
- Cater to their energy levels and different learning styles.
- Be creative and enjoy yourselves, but please be safe.
- Wear comfortable clothing and practice barefoot.
- Encourage the children to share their seasonal yoga experiences with their families and friends.
Enjoy our free seasonal kids yoga lesson plans by clicking on the images or links below!
Get Your 3 Free Posters Here!
Receive our most popular yoga posters here absolutely FREE!
For a limited time, so don’t miss out.