Yoga for kids is a great way to celebrate the various seasons throughout the year. Seasonal yoga gets children learning, moving, and having fun!
The following kids yoga lesson plans are designed for children ages three to eight, but they could be adapted for younger or older children. Each session can be between fifteen to forty-five minutes, depending on the needs and requirements of the children.
The intention of these seasonal kids yoga lesson plans is to learn about various seasons through movement. In preparation for your seasonal yoga experience, feel free to gather props and information about each season of winter, spring, summer, and autumn. You could use resources such as YouTube clips, newspaper articles, magazine pictures, old calendar pictures, Internet sites, guest speakers, brochures, and fiction and non-fiction books.
To set up your Seasonal Yoga experience for success:
- Focus on having fun with movement, not on practicing perfectly aligned poses.
- Engage the children.
- Follow their passions and interests.
- Create authentic, meaningful experiences.
- Cater to their energy levels and different learning styles.
- Be creative and enjoy yourselves, but please be safe.
- Wear comfortable clothing and practice barefoot.
- Encourage the children to share their seasonal yoga experiences with their families and friends.
Enjoy our free seasonal kids yoga lesson plans by clicking on the images or links below!
Get Your 3 Free Posters Here!
Receive our most popular yoga posters here absolutely FREE!
For a limited time, so don’t miss out.
WINTER LESSON PLANS
SPRING LESSON PLANS
SUMMER LESSON PLANS
AUTUMN LESSON PLANS
WEATHER LESSON PLAN
PIN IT FOR LATER:
You Might Also Like Our Seasons Yoga Idea for Kids
Yoga themes and poses for each of the four seasons are provided in this colorful and interactive book.
This book is for primary school teachers, kids yoga teachers, parents, caregivers, health practitioners, and recreation staff looking for simple, convenient ways to add yoga into their curriculums, classes, or home lives.
What better way to start than by celebrating the seasons?
To spark your imagination:
- Each season includes 3 related themes (for example, spring includes themes of spring celebration, weather, and zoo animals)
- Each theme includes 12 yoga poses in a logical sequence.
- Descriptions are included so you will easily and confidently instruct your children.
Each theme offers an opportunity to learn about a topic through movement.