As my daughter’s school year comes to a close, I find myself thinking of ways to integrate yoga into our summer days together.
I aim to create yoga as a lifestyle for our family.
Embracing all the facets of the yoga philosophy is important to me: including sitting silently, breathing together, teaching my daughter how to be a kind and happy person, doing community service projects, and practicing yoga poses for kids.
30 Summer Yoga Ideas for Kids
Find a variety of ways to integrate yoga into your summer plans:
- Make up games with yoga cards for kids
- Act out yoga books for kids
- Practice calming yoga poses at bedtime
- Sit silently and meditate every day for 5 to 15 minutes
- Deliver food to someone who needs help
- Offer to do yard work for a neighbor
- Practice mindful breathing as you are waiting in line
- Act out children’s books in your garden
- Write in a Gratitude Journal every day
- Eat mindfully and savor every bite
- Practice partner yoga poses together
- Plan a yoga party
- Play yoga-pose bingo
- Practice family yoga in the park
- Attend a weekly yoga class at your local studio
- Practice restorative yoga poses after a busy summer day
- Take pictures of your children practicing yoga poses and create a book
- Practice yoga at your family reunion
- Color mandalas
- Chose a breathing technique and practice together
- Make up yoga games (ex. yogi says, yoga Pictionary, strike a pose, freeze yoga tag)
- Practice one Sun Salutation every morning
- Set an intention (sankalpa) for the summer
- Create a positive mantra and repeat it to yourself every day
- Invite friends and neighbors over and host a Yoga Summer Camp
- Commit to five minutes per day of meditation, movement, or mindfulness
- Act out your day’s adventures through yoga poses for kids (ex. trip to farm, beach, or zoo)
- Read children’s books on kindness, happiness, and acceptance
- Celebrate Canada Day and Independence Day through yoga poses for kids
- Spend time in nature and listen to the sounds
How will you integrate yoga ideas for kids into your summer plans?
Download Your Summer Yoga Ideas Poster
Check Our Our Summer Yoga in 10 Minutes a Day
READY TO BRING YOGA AND MINDFULNESS TO YOUR CHILDREN THIS SUMMER AND HAVE FUN ACTIVITIES DAILY?
Help your children stay active and have fun this summer with our popular digital Summer Yoga in 10 Minutes a Day Packs.
You will get 8 weeks of ideas, plus all the resources you need to spark your imagination and get your kids moving, grooving, and having a blast!
You will receive specific activities for each day of the week, themed under:
- Mindful Mondays: to get grounded for the week ahead through breathing and meditation techniques that teach kids how to be in the present moment
- Storytime Tuesdays: to joyfully integrate literacy and movement through storytime read-alongs
- Wind-Down Wednesdays: to practice calming techniques that promote self-regulation and focus through age-appropriate mindfulness activities
- Theme Thursdays: to move, stretch, and challenge young bodies by practicing yoga poses based on fun and engaging themes
- Fun Fridays: to have fun and connect with one other through yoga games and partner yoga
Use these 10-minute activities as a springboard. Feel free to add other age-appropriate theme-related yoga poses, songs, breathing techniques, relaxation stories, meditations, art projects, and field trips.
Check Out Our Summer Activities Yoga Cards for Kids
ENJOY THE JOYS OF SUMMER THROUGH ENGAGING AND SIMPLE YOGA POSES!
Pretend to play tennis, birdwatch, and ride a scooter!
Download these 52 summer activities digital yoga cards to learn through movement in your home, classroom, or studio. Includes an Index Card, Pose Instructions, 20 Yoga Pose cards, and 20 matching Summer Activities cards. The yoga kids are multicultural from seven countries.
Ages 3 to 8.
Our Summer Yoga Books for Kids
Click below to learn more about or purchase our summer yoga books for kids:
Other Summer Activities
Click on the links or images below for other summer-related ideas and activities:
You Might Also Like
Sign up for our weekly Kids Yoga Stories newsletter
Happy summer! For more yoga tips and kids yoga resources, sign up for our weekly Kids Yoga Stories newsletter by adding your email address to the box at the top of the page.