As my daughter’s school year comes to a close, I find myself thinking of ways to integrate yoga into our summer days together.
I aim to create yoga as a lifestyle for our family.
Embracing all the facets of the yoga philosophy is important to me: including sitting silently, breathing together, teaching my daughter how to be a kind and happy person, doing community service projects, and practicing yoga poses for kids.
30 Summer Yoga Ideas for Kids
Find a variety of ways to integrate yoga into your summer plans:
- Make up games with yoga cards for kids
- Act out yoga books for kids
- Practice calming yoga poses at bedtime
- Sit silently and meditate every day for 5 to 15 minutes
- Deliver food to someone who needs help
- Offer to do yard work for a neighbor
- Practice mindful breathing as you are waiting in line
- Act out children’s books in your garden
- Write in a Gratitude Journal every day
- Eat mindfully and savor every bite
- Practice partner yoga poses together
- Plan a yoga party
- Play yoga-pose bingo
- Practice family yoga in the park
- Attend a weekly yoga class at your local studio
- Practice restorative yoga poses after a busy summer day
- Take pictures of your children practicing yoga poses and create a book
- Practice yoga at your family reunion
- Color mandalas
- Chose a breathing technique and practice together
- Make up yoga games (ex. yogi says, yoga Pictionary, strike a pose, freeze yoga tag)
- Practice one Sun Salutation every morning
- Set an intention (sankalpa) for the summer
- Create a positive mantra and repeat it to yourself every day
- Invite friends and neighbors over and host a Yoga Summer Camp
- Commit to five minutes per day of meditation, movement, or mindfulness
- Act out your day’s adventures through yoga poses for kids (ex. trip to farm, beach, or zoo)
- Read children’s books on kindness, happiness, and acceptance
- Celebrate Canada Day and Independence Day through yoga poses for kids
- Spend time in nature and listen to the sounds
How will you integrate yoga ideas for kids into your summer plans?
Practicing yoga by the beach at our family reunion (Photo credit: Salt Water Photography)
Download your Summer Yoga Ideas Poster
Check Out Our Summer Activities Yoga Cards for Kids
ENJOY THE JOYS OF SUMMER THROUGH ENGAGING AND SIMPLE YOGA POSES!
Pretend to play tennis, birdwatch, and ride a scooter!
Download these 52 summer activities digital yoga cards to learn through movement in your home, classroom, or studio. Includes an Index Card, Pose Instructions, 20 Yoga Pose cards, and 20 matching Summer Activities cards. The yoga kids are multicultural from seven countries.
Ages 3 to 8.
Our Summer Yoga Books for Kids
Click below to learn more about or purchase our summer yoga books for kids:
|Ella’s Summer Fun||Luke’s Beach Day|
Other Summer Activities
Click on the links or images below for other summer-related ideas and activities:
|Summer Yoga||Ocean Yoga|
|Beach Yoga||28 Summer Learning Activities|
|Summer Book Exchange||14 Screen-Free Summer Activities|
You Might Like our 40 Partner Yoga Poses Cards for Kids
Grab a partner and share in the yoga fun with 40 partner yoga poses for kids!
Try all your favorite poses with a partner. Practice Seated Cat Pose, Tree Pose, and Downward-Facing Dog Pose, all modified for partners to practice together. An index and pose instructions are included. Instantly download, print, and practice.
Download these 90 digital yoga cards to learn through movement in your home, classroom, or studio. Includes an index card, pose instructions, 40 cards with illustrations of the yoga poses, and 40 matching description cards.
The yoga kids are multicultural from seven countries. Age group: Ages 4+
You Might Also Like
Sign up for our weekly Kids Yoga Stories newsletter
Happy summer! For more yoga tips and kids yoga resources, sign up for our weekly Kids Yoga Stories newsletter by adding your email address to the box at the top of the page.