Yoga for kids is a great way to celebrate the various holidays throughout the year. Holiday yoga gets children learning, moving, and having fun!
The following lesson plans are designed for children ages three to eight, but they could be adapted for younger or older children.
Each session can be between fifteen to forty-five minutes, depending on the needs and requirements of the children.
The intention of these holiday yoga lesson plans is to learn about various celebrations around the world through movement.
In preparation for your holiday yoga experience, feel free to gather props and information about the holiday. You could use resources such as YouTube clips, newspaper articles, magazine pictures, old calendar pictures, Internet sites, guest speakers, brochures, and fiction and non-fiction books.
To set up your Holiday Yoga experience for success:
- Focus on having fun with movement, not on practicing perfectly aligned yoga poses.
- Engage the children.
- Follow their passions and interests.
- Create authentic, meaningful experiences.
- Cater to their energy levels and different learning styles.
- Be creative and enjoy yourselves, but please be safe.
- Wear comfortable clothing and practice barefoot.
- Encourage the children to share their holiday yoga experiences with their families and friends.
Enjoy our free holiday yoga lesson plans for kids by clicking on the images below!