Some people have been asking for more details on our yoga kids, so I thought we’d take a moment to formally introduce our eight yoga kids to you!
I initially created six yoga kids—three girls and three boys—when I started writing the yoga stories back in 2005. As an international primary school teacher, I felt it was important that our yoga books featured children from around the world. Also, as I’ve lived in a number of countries, I aimed to share my experiences and love of various cultures through my books, making learning about our global communities fun and active. So I envisioned characters from six different continents. Once we started creating more yoga cards, yoga posters, and other yoga resources, we added two more yoga kids based on feedback from our team and customers.
Below, you’ll find our eight yoga kid characters, all of whom are seven years old, and a little bit of detail about each of them. These images are from our Core Yoga Cards for Kids.
- She’s from Brighton, England, where she loves going to the beach and visiting the library.
- She’s an only child who loves books, writing, and animals.
- He’s from Guatemala City, Guatemala, and has two older sisters.
- Pablo is a fun-loving, big-hearted kid who loves playing Spanish music on his guitar and loves playing soccer.
- He is from Sydney, Australia, and has an older brother.
- Luke loves being active outdoors, hiking, biking, and camping.
- He is passionate about doing science experiments and searching for bugs.
- She is from San Francisco, USA, and has one younger brother.
- Sophia enjoys traveling to learn about different places.
- She’s a nature lover, who likes writing about what she finds in nature and learning about how she can help the environment.
- He is from Tanzania, Africa, and has two older brothers.
- Baraka loves playing sports and enjoys hanging out with his friends at school.
- She is from Rajasthan, India, and has an older sister and younger brother.
- Anamika loves music and dance.
- She volunteers at the local cultural center and has dreams of traveling around the world.
- She is from Boston, USA, and has three siblings.
- Gabrielle is super creative and passionate about nature.
- She loves telling stories through her artwork.
- She is from Tokyo, Japan, and has a twin brother, whom she gets along with really well.
- Mei loves hanging out with her friends and wants to be a teacher when she grows up.
You’ll find these yoga kids in our yoga cards, yoga posters, yoga books, and yoga resources. I hope this helps to get to know our yoga kids in a deeper way. Also, maybe your children can relate to some of the yoga kids to help them connect to the yoga resources in a more relevant, meaningful way. Learn, be active, and have fun with our yoga kids!
Check Out Yoga Poses for Kids Cards (Deck One)
LEARN AND PRACTICE 25 YOGA POSES FOR KIDS!
THIS IS A GREAT STARTER PACK AND MAKES A WONDERFUL GIFT!
Mix-and-match twenty five yoga poses for kids with twenty five illustrated keywords (categories are Travel, Earth, People, and Animals). The yogi kids are multicultural from seven different countries. Pose index and pose instructions included.
Fun for all ages.
Check Out Yoga Poses for Kids Cards (Deck Two)
LEARN AND PRACTICE 25 MORE YOGA POSES FOR KIDS!
Introducing our YOGA POSES CARD DECK #2: Mix-and-match twenty five more yoga poses for kids with twenty five illustrated keywords (categories are Travel, Camping, and Animals). The yogi kids are multicultural from seven different countries. Pose index and pose instructions included. Target age group: All ages.
Check Out Yoga Poses for Kids Cards (Deck Three)
DIGITAL YOGA CARDS – LEARN AND PRACTICE 50 YOGA POSES FOR KIDS!
Practice fifty more yoga poses for kids in our third deck of 107 digital yoga cards. Try more challenging poses including Crow Pose, Shoulder-Pressing Pose, and Extended Hand-to-Big-Toe Pose. The yogi kids are multicultural from seven different countries. Pose index, pose instructions, and yoga tips included. Target age group: 5+.