Are you looking for easy chair yoga themes for your classroom or homeschool?
I’ve put together a list of themes from our monthly chair yoga series to give you a starting point to introduce movement in the classroom in a fun, creative, and easy way. Each theme includes five yoga postures using a chair. Each yoga pose is intended to:
- energize students at the beginning of the school day to get their minds ready to learn
- give students a brain break after a long academic session
- help students release energy after recess so they can focus on their next learning experience
- introduce a new topic through movement and by stimulating their creative minds
- provide a quick and easy way to add movement after long periods of sitting
- develop the student’s flexibility and strength
- serve as inspiration that you can adapt to your classroom
- help promote a healthy, active lifestyle.
Year-Round Monthly Chair Yoga Themes for Kids
Click on the images or links below to find a monthly theme for inspiration. Also, find a featured yoga book to go along with each theme:
Come back regularly for more monthly themes!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Monthly Chair Yoga Themes
Play with the Chair Yoga Poses for Kids Cards
Add movement to your curriculum with Chair Yoga Poses!
Practice these 40 chair yoga poses for kids during a transition time or subject change, when you’re stuck indoors, for a brain break to calm their bodies and minds, or for a movement activity when introducing a new topic. Try all your favorite poses, like Cat Pose, Tree Pose, or Downward-Facing Dog Pose using a chair. An Index and Pose instructions are included. Instantly download, print, and practice! Ages 4+.
Purchase the Chair Yoga Poses for Kids Cards PDF Download.
Download 40 Kid-Friendly Chair Yoga Pose PNG Images
You can purchase 40 PNG images to create your own sequences, make up your own yoga cards, or design your own yoga games:
You Might Also Love
Get Updates from Kids Yoga Stories
For more yoga tips and kids yoga resources, sign up for our weekly Kids Yoga Stories newsletter by adding your email address to the box at the top of the page.