Are you looking for fun kids yoga class ideas?
You’ve checked out our seasonal yoga, holiday yoga, or monthly theme yoga ideas, but you’re looking for something a bit more fun that will also integrate well into your school curriculum? We’ve got you covered!
Below is a collection of kids yoga ideas for your home, classroom, or studio. Most of the themes have five recommended books and five matching yoga poses for kids. Some of the themes have more yoga poses and fewer book suggestions – depending on what inspired me for that topic.
The topics were chosen from a combination of preschool-kindergarten curriculum themes and also what my daughter was interested in at the time. These posts are meant to get you started and inspired about the particular topic, so feel free to add your own yoga poses and breathing techniques. You can also adapt these ideas to different age groups, as well.
Some things to think about as you put together your kids yoga class:
- Focus on having fun with movement, not on practicing perfectly aligned yoga poses.
- Engage and inspire the children.
- Follow their passions and interests.
- Create authentic, meaningful experiences.
- Cater to their energy levels and different learning styles.
- Be creative and enjoy yourselves, but please be safe.
- Wear comfortable clothing and practice barefoot.
- Encourage the children to share their yoga experiences with their families and friends.
- Get the children involved in the planning of your kids yoga classes.
- Add your own rituals to start and complete the kids yoga class.
- Be mindful to incorporate all facets of yoga: breathing techniques, yoga postures, meditation, karma yoga, character education, and relaxation.
My goal in writing these posts is for you to have fun while learning and moving!
14 Fun Kids Yoga Class Ideas:
Click on the images or links below for various kids yoga class ideas:
Grab these ideas in your Kids Yoga Class Ideas book
Fun and simple themes with monthly yoga poses and kids books recommendations!
To spark your imagination, each monthly theme includes five yoga poses for kids and five recommended children’s books. This 31-page eBook is for teachers, parents, kids yoga teachers, caregivers, and health practitioners looking for simple, convenient ways to add yoga into your curriculum, classes, or home life. Age group: Toddlers to Early Primary, ages 3 to 8.
Barb T. says, “Great resource book. All the work is done for you. This year long “treasure” included varied time limits for different age groups. I especially liked the books listed each month for reference. It enhances the lesson as well as adding the all important literacy factor. The monthly topics include items that are interesting to children of all ages. Wonderfully creative!”
Purchase the Kids Yoga Class Ideas PDF Download here.
PIN IT FOR LATER:
Fun and easy kids yoga class ideas
Seasonal Yoga Books for Kids
Check out our seasonal books for children:
Season Yoga Book Pack by Kids Yoga Stories
Download your Weather Yoga Poster
You Might Also Love
Get Updates from Kids Yoga Stories
For more yoga tips and kids yoga resources, sign up for our weekly Kids Yoga Stories newsletter by adding your email address to the box at the top of the page.