Introducing the Family Yoga and Travel Contest Giveaway by Family on the Loose and Kids Yoga Stories
Enter contest at bottom of the post via the Rafflecopter online giveaway tool.
I’m excited to introduce you to Bill Richards and Ashley Steel, authors of Family on the Loose: The art of traveling with kids.
We were avid travelers before having a child, and naively thought that ‘life would continue without any changes’. Well, traveling has become somewhat challenging. We have been on numerous flights with our daughter to see her grandparents on two different continents, but each flight has been difficult. Our dreams of traveling to Costa Rica, Columbia, and South Africa are on hold at the moment until we can figure out a way to travel well.
That’s where this book comes in. After reading Family on the Loose, I have a renewed confidence that we will be able to travel again as a family.
What I love about the Family on the Loose book:
- practical, informative, straightforward, comprehensive, and thorough
- easy to read, as if you’re having a conversation with your friend about traveling
- takes a holistic and educational point of view to traveling
- the practical lists: first aid, day pack contents, packing lists (including a visual one for children), carry-on luggage
- the engaging activities: airport activities, in-flight quiet activities,and mealtime activities
- the creative ideas: plane gifts for different age groups, travel bingo, country craft ideas, and make your own board game
- the fun printouts: museum activity sheet, budget spreadsheet, city scavenger hunt, and travel journal pages
- the useful tips: breastfeeding on the plane, internet travel booking, planning timelines, and travel gear
- the layout of the book with tips before, during, and after your travels
On page 87, there is a list of “Twelve Active Activities for the Airport”. One suggestion on the list is: Yoga poses! I was so excited to see the mention of family yoga in the book. For specific ideas, read Travel Well: Practice Family Yoga at the Airport.
Check out their recently published article on ParentMap, titled Cross-Cultural Staycations: Visit 5 Countries Without Leaving Home.
Their Family on the Loose website is jammed-packed with information on global travel and full of inspiration. I love their mission: “For traveling parents who believe it is better to travel hopefully than to arrive. Our mission is to help you spark a passion for adventure, a love of cultural differences, and a vision of global responsibility in your children … without missing any of the fun of a trip well-taken.”
About the Authors
Where to Purchase the Book:
For this Family Yoga and Travel Contest Giveaway, we will be giving away:
Other resources by Kids Yoga Stories:
- Luke’s Beach Day Coloring Page
- 14 Ways Yoga for Kids is a Good Idea
- 10 Tips for Starting a Family Yoga Practice
- Benefits of Integrating Yoga and Story
We hope that both of these resources will inspire your families to travel to different countries through yoga or for real!
Please read the full Contest Rules below for details.
We look forward to your entries. Thank you for taking the time to participate. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems with the Rafflecopter tool below, email at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
The Family Yoga and Travel Giveaway
To enter the contest, please sign in using your Facebook account or email, and click on the different ways to enter. You can enter every day using this Rafflecopter online giveaway tool.
1. US addresses only please.
2. You can be any age to enter.
3. Participation in the contest constitutes that you agree to the Contest Rules.
4. Please enter using the Rafflecopter tool above, obtaining points if you Tweet, like on Facebook or answer the question. You can enter every day.
5. No purchase is necessary.
6. Kids Yoga Stories accept no responsibility or liability for any injuries or losses that may result from practicing the yoga poses in the book. Please ensure your own safety and the safety of the children.
7. You must enter the contest giveaway with a valid email address. The winner will be notified by email and at that time we will request your mailing address. The shipping of the books can take some time, depending on your location. Kids Yoga Stories and Family on the Loose will ship to you separately and will cover the shipping costs.
8. Let Giselle know if you have any questions by emailing her directly at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
9. The winner will be chosen on Sunday, August 4th, 2013.
For details on other Contest Giveaways on our site and on other sites, please see the details of Luke’s Beach Day’s June Virtual Book Launch. Thank you for helping to spread the message of integrating movement, story, and fun.
Like to know of other Contest Giveaways? Sign up for our weekly Kids Yoga Stories Newsletter (put name and email address into box at the top of the page) to get updates!