If you’re looking for ways to get your heart rate up and get your pent-up energy out, you’re not alone! Today, I thought I’d share some resources that my daughter and I have been trying out to get the wiggles out in a fun, engaging way.
Now that we know we’ll be in distance learning for the long haul, we’ve been looking for programs that we enjoy that also offer multiple videos.
Below, you’ll find some of our favorite warmups, workouts, and dance videos.
3 Ideas for PE Class at Home:
Whether you live in an apartment in the city, if you’re in lockdown, or if the weather is keeping you indoors, check out these YouTube videos to get moving and having fun.
If you’re looking for quick 2-5 minute brain breaks that are fun and engaging, definitely check out GoNoodle.com. You can sign up for a free account and get access to loads of fun kid-friendly videos. (We still sing the “Pop See Ko” song that they used to play in her Kindergarten class – a cute dance to check out with your little ones.)
One of our favorite videos on GoNoodle is from Fresh Start Fitness. They also have 9 free videos on YouTube – the videos are quick, fun, and get your heart pumping!
Here’s a Pump It Up video from Fresh Start Fitness:
After doing our distance learning, my daughter and I have been trying some workout videos on YouTube that are about 20-30 minutes long. We often search YouTube for “HIIT” videos (high intensity interval training) or “Abs workout”:
- The Body Coach TV channel has daily “PE with Joe” 20-minute classes
- PopSugar Fitness channel has a “Family Fun Cardio Workout” video
- Fitness Blender channel has loads of workout videos, and their website has an awesome filter feature
- Bowflex channel has some good ab workout videos
- Little Sports channel has a variety of animated videos
- PE Teacher, Mike Ginicola, has several “Would You Rather” fitness videos that gives you a choice of exercises
Here’s a Kids HIIT workout by Moe Jones:
For a more creative workout, we’ve also been doing some dance videos!
The Kidz Bop channel on YouTube is doing “Daily Dance Break” 1-hour videos. They also have loads of dance videos of popular kids songs.
Here’s a Kidz Bop warmup dance video:
As always, please let us know how we can support you during this time. If you have any special requests, don’t hesitate to reach out.
Check Out Our Home PE Pack
Looking for more creative and engaging physical activities to get your children moving?
We’ve just released our new Home PE Pack with 5 resources, including games, challenging yoga poses, active yoga sequences, and other engaging exercises to explore.
This pack was designed for:
- brain breaks throughout the day
- transition times between subjects
- indoor (or outdoor) recess and PE time
- an alternative to screen-based exercise programs
- when it’s simply time to get the wiggles and giggles out
PIN IT FOR LATER
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
GET UPDATES FROM KIDS YOGA STORIES
To find out about other thematic yoga sequences, join our weekly Kids Yoga Stories newsletter by adding your name and email to the box at the top of the page.