Healthy Kids Book Review and Giveaway by Kids Yoga Stories and Kids Fit Publishing
At the end of the post, enter the contest via the Rafflecopter online giveaway tool.
I’m excited to introduce you to Katherine Karagiannis Richards, author of a new fitness children’s book called My Favorite Run. Katherine and I share a similar mission of impacting children’s health through leading active lifestyles. I just had to share this book with you because I love it, and it’s from a new author that you might not have had the chance to see it yet.
Katherine has been a runner since she was young. She continues to be an avid road racer and trail runner. Now, as a mom of two with one more on the way, she often runs with her children. Katherine is the best role model for her children as they, too, enjoy the benefits of physical activity. Like a lot of us moms, once she had her children, she began to reassess what was important to her and followed her passion of sharing the joy of health and fitness with other families through her children’s books. Her Fit Kids Publishing company was born in 2012, and My Favorite Run is her first book.
Running with her little girl was the inspiration for Katherine’s book. The life-like illustrations by Vicky Fieldhouse are charming and engaging. The story is based on a true story of a mother and daughter bonding over a shared experience together—in this case, a morning run. It starts with the daughter asking to join her mom’s run. I could relate to this part of the story because my toddler always wanted to join me for runs in San Francisco in her stroller. The daughter is at first distracted by animals along the road. I love the addition of noticing nature while running; it’s certainly a major benefit over running on a treadmill. The story continues with things they experience on the run, like talking to a neighbor, tripping up on the sidewalk, pushing hard to get up a hill, and stopping to smell the flowers. The dad and brother are there to greet them at the end of their run. It’s a darling story.
As a former teacher, I am always looking for books with a purpose. My Favorite Run is a brilliant book to share with your children to discuss the benefits of fitness. I also love that the book promotes fitness shared by children and parents, and they need only a pair of shoes. There’s no driving across town for paid classes, just a good old-fashioned fun together right in their own neighborhood. Sometimes, we need to be reminded to get back to the basics.
I highly recommend My Favorite Run to parents looking for a children’s book that promotes a healthy, active lifestyle.
To purchase My Favorite Run:
The winner of this healthy kids books giveaway will receive:
1 – My Favorite Run by Katherine Karagiannis Richards and Vicky Fieldhouse (value of $16.99 + shipping)
1 – A Kids Yoga Stories book of your choice (value of up to $15.95 + shipping)
Please read the full Contest Rules below for details.
We look forward to your entries. Thank you for taking the time to participate. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems with the Rafflecopter tool below by sending me an e-mail at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
Healthy Kids Books Giveaway
To enter the contest, sign in using your Facebook or e-mail account and click on the different ways to enter. You can enter every day using this Rafflecopter online giveaway tool.
1. Entries are open worldwide.
2. You can be any age to enter.
3. Participation in the contest constitutes that you agree to the Contest Rules.
4. Please enter using the Rafflecopter tool above, obtaining points as follow the different options.
5. You can enter every day.
6. No purchase is necessary.
7. Kids Yoga Stories and Fit Kids Publishing accept no responsibility or liability for any injuries or losses that may result from practicing the healthy activities in the books. Please ensure your own safety and the safety of the children.
8. You must enter the contest giveaway with a valid e-mail address. The winner will be notified by e-mail, and at that time, we will request a mailing address. The shipping of the books can take some time, depending on the winner’s location. Kids Yoga Stories and Fit Kids Publishing will ship the books separately and will cover the shipping costs.
9. If you have any questions, e-mail Giselle directly at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
10. The contest closes on Monday, April 14th, 2014, midnight EST.
I was sent a free copy of the book in exchange for my honest opinion. I was not obligated to write a positive review.