Introducing the How to Do Yoga with Kids Book Review and Giveaway with Kids Yoga Stories and YogaKids
Enter contest at bottom of the post via the Rafflecopter online giveaway tool.
This is week #4 in our 10-Week Kids Yoga Resources Reviews and Giveaways.
Marsha Wenig, Founder of YogaKids
On my search for everything to do with kids yoga eight years ago, I came across her YogaKids: Educating the Whole Child Through Yoga book. I remember ordering the book on Amazon from the United States and waiting weeks for it to arrive in Australia, which certainly added to the anticipation.
What I love about the YogaKids book:
- Aesthetically beautiful with bright colors and gorgeous photos of the children in poses.
- Excellent starter book on “how to do yoga” with your children.
- Integrates elements of music, reading, environmental education, brain research, anatomy, language learning, artistic expression, affirmations, relaxation, mathematical concepts, and games.
- Recommended props.
- Guidelines for different age groups.
- Suggested yoga sequences.
- List of basic yoga poses.
- Descriptions of fifty kids yoga poses.
- Details of the seven chakras in an easy way to share with children.
- Suggested song and book lists matched up with poses.
- Fun to read and a great springboard for inventing your own ideas and poses.
As a former teacher, the best part of the YogaKids book is the focus on the eight intelligences. At the time, I had been planning several kids yoga classes and thinking about ways to incorporate Howard Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligences. I was beyond thrilled that someone else across the world also believed in the same philosophy – integrating yoga into the education of the whole child.
The YogaKids book gave me courage to keep writing the Kids Yoga Stories books. Knowing that people in the United States also believed in integrating yoga into schools was validating and encouraging. I love this book!
Where to purchase this book:
Barnes & Noble
Many of you ask about how to do yoga with your children. I would love to give you the opportunity to read the YogaKids book through this contest below.
For this How to Do Yoga with Kids Book Giveaway, we will be giving away:
1 – Yoga Kids: Educating the Whole Child Through Yoga book by Marsha Wenig ($19.95)
1 – Kids Yoga Stories book of your choice (up to $15.95 value)
Please read the full Contest Rules below for details.
We look forward to your entries. Thank you for taking the time to participate. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems with the Rafflecopter tool below, email at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
How to Do Yoga with Kids Book Giveaway
To enter the contest, please sign in using your Facebook account or email, and click on the different ways to enter. You can enter every day using this Rafflecopter online giveaway tool.
1. International entries are welcome.
2. You can be any age to enter.
3. Participation in the contest constitutes that you agree to the Contest Rules.
4. Please enter using the Rafflecopter tool above, obtaining points as follow the different options. You can enter every day.
5. No purchase is necessary.
6. Kids Yoga Stories and YogaKids accept no responsibility or liability for any injuries or losses that may result from practicing the yoga poses in the books. Please ensure your own safety and the safety of the children.
7. You must enter the contest giveaway with a valid email address. The winner will be notified by email and at that time we will request your mailing address. The shipping of the book can take some time, depending on your location. Kids Yoga Stories and YogaKids will ship the books to you separately and will cover the shipping costs.
8. Let Giselle know if you have any questions by emailing her directly at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
9. The contest will close on Monday, October 28th, 2013, midnight PST.
Like to know of other Contest Giveaways? Sign up for our weekly Kids Yoga Stories Newsletter (put name and email address into box at the top of the page) to get updates of the upcoming weekly giveaways!