Enjoy the healthy benefits of yoga with this new kids yoga story by Kids Yoga Stories. Enjoy the book with your children this summer.
I’m thrilled to bits to invite you on the Luke’s Beach Day virtual book launch in June and July 2013.
You know those transitional moments when you are cooking, packing up for a family trip, right before bedtime, waiting at the airport, on long car trips, or having a family reunion … when your children need something to keep them engaged, entertained, and active? Well, I reckon this book would be perfect for those tricky “transitional” times! Get your children moving, learning, and having fun through literature this summer season.
Here are the details:
Luke is one of the six characters in the Kids Yoga Stories series. He is from Sydney, Australia and is a passionate, sparky, inquisitive, and charismatic young boy. He has an older brother. Luke enjoys an active lifestyle and loves being outdoors hiking, biking, camping, and backpacking. He is particularly interested in Science and enjoys looking for bugs. He’s conscious of the impact that garbage is having our own environment. Luke’s character is inspired by my Australian husband and from my experiences living in Sydney.
Kids Yoga Story
Luke’s Beach Day is a kids yoga sequence wrapped around a story of Luke and his classmates on their field trip to an East Coast Australian beach. The readers act out what the children see on their day, including surfers, kangaroos, crabs, and gulls. Luke also notices all the trash on the beach. The story offers a lighthearted way to talk about the impact of garbage on the environment. It also encourages children to learn about Australia through movement and story.
For sample pages, book information, advance praise, and PayPal ordering, see the Luke’s Beach Day book page.
Kids Yoga Stories Contest Giveaways
I’m teaming up with some of my favorite people and products to offer five Contest Giveaways. Each week, a Luke’s Beach Day (English or Spanish) print copy will be raffled along with:
- June 4th: Sew Fun to Learn – a kangaroo hand sewing kit – Winner: Monica L.
- June 11th: Carolyn Clarke – Imaginations: Fun Relaxation Stories and Meditations for Kids book – Winner: Aadel B.
- June 18th: Umbral Yoga – DVD with Yoga Lessons in Spanish by Lina Navia – Winners: Olivia H., Selena S., and Jodi M.
- June25th: BeeYoga – Wheels on the Bus by Mandy Foot – Winner: Leslie N.
- July 2nd: ChildLight Yoga – Yoga for Children book by Lisa Flynn – Winner: Michelle E.
- July 16th: Fireflies Yoga – Dance with the Sun CD by Kira Willey – Winner: Niki L.
- July 23rd: Family on the Loose book by Bill Richards and Ashley Steel – Winner: Nikki C.
Book Reviews and Contest Giveaways
The following websites have graciously offered to write a review and most will offer a Contest Giveaway for a print copy of Luke’s Beach Day. Check out their websites for further detail – and while you are there, check out their amazing work:
- Angela from OMazing Kids
- Amanda from Expat Wife with a Double Buggy
- Becky from Kid World Citizen
- Carolyn from Kids Yoga 101 – Winner: Lauren M.
- Carrie from Crafty Moms Share
- Danielle from Mandala Kids Yoga
- Danya from Danya Banya
- Daria from Daria Music
- Frances from Discovering the World Through My Son’s Eyes (Spanish version)
- Jenny from Spanish Playground (Spanish version)
- Jenny from Gecko Yoga
- Jill from Moms Gone Global
- Jody from Mud Hut Mama
- Julie from The Naptime Review
- Juliette from The Art of Home Education
- Katie from Jivamukti Yoga
- Kim from Educators’ Spin On It
- Kristin from Toddling Down the Fast Lane Contest Giveaway and Review – Winner: Mara Y.
- Leanna from All Done Monkey
- Leura from Sew Fun to Learn
- Lisa from ChildLight Yoga
- Lisa from The Squishable Baby
- MaryAnne from MamaSmiles
- Melissa from Vibrant Wanderings
- Olga from European Mama
- Sandra from BXLSprout – Winner: Agnes H.
- Varya from Little Artists
- Rainy Day Mum, Toddler Approved, and The Educators’ Spin On It from Virtual Book Club – Winner: Jayshree S.
Let me know if you are interested in featuring the kids yoga story on your website and I will send you a PDF Advanced Reader Copy. Email me at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.