Introducing the Music and Movement for Kids Yoga Giveaway by FirefliesYoga and Kids Yoga Stories
Enter contest at bottom of the post via the Rafflecopter online giveaway tool.
It is a pleasure to introduce you to Kira Willey, a kids yoga teacher, mom, and singer-songwriter. She is founder of Fireflies Musical Yoga for Kids and has produced two CDs with yoga songs for children.
A couple of weeks ago, I was researching music for kids yoga to practice with our daughter. Kira Willey’s two CDs were exactly what I was hoping to find!
What I love about Kira Willey’s Dance for the Sun CD:
- The first song, Dance for the Sun, incorporates easy-to-follow yoga instructions for a Sun Salute. We stayed at a cabin with family and friends last week, and at one point, our 2-year-old daughter was modelling the Sun Salute to three adults, by listening to the song! Magic.
- Kira has a gentle, sweet, and soothing voice. The songs are great as both background music, and active singing and dancing. Everyone at the cabin enjoyed her music. It’s a rare treat to find a CD that the whole family can enjoy.
- Her music naturally encourages movement and song, a perfect combination.
- Her folk-pop music is fun, catchy, uplifting, and captivating.
- Kira’s passion for yoga and music oozes through every song.
- The second half of the CD includes bonus tracks with additional yoga instructions that are easy-to-follow for those new to yoga or for children practicing on their own.
- The CD is a delightful resource for anyone looking to experience yoga with children in an active, musical way.
- Finding Kira’s CDs has provided us with another medium (along with books and videos) in which to practice yoga with our daughter.
- Her lyrics are largely based on nature and animals, which our daughter loves.
“Kids are the toughest crowd to please — if they’re not engaged, they simply walk away. But Kira understands her audience well. Her warm, authentic songs, with themes of nature and the simple joys of childhood, connect instantly with children.” (from Firefliesyoga.com)
Have a look at this YouTube video of the Dance for the Sun song with a demonstration of the Sun Salute.
Another one of our favorite songs on the CD is Surfer Mama – a fun beach song to go along with Luke’s Beach Day. A “Five for Five: Five kids yoga poses in five minutes” inspired by the song:
Beach: Five for Five
Sun – Sun Salute or Extended Mountain Pose
Surfer – Warrior 2 Pose
Surfboard – Plank Pose
Swimming – Locust Pose, with swimming arms
Sea Star or Sunbather – Do Nothing Pose
Action photo of our daughter doing Surfer Pose
A list of the songs on the Dance for the Sun CD, plus 14 other bonus yoga tracks:
|1.||“Dance For the Sun”|
|2.||“Let’s Go to Work”|
|3.||“Black Dog in the River”|
|5.||“The Dancing Mountain”|
|8.||“Big Brown Bear”|
|11.||“The Sound I Found”|
|15.||“Welcome to Fireflies”|
For this Music and Movement for Kids Yoga Contest Giveaway, we will be giving away:
Other resources by Kids Yoga Stories:
- Luke’s Beach Day Coloring Page
- 14 Ways Yoga for Kids is a Good Idea
- 10 Tips for Starting a Family Yoga Practice
- Benefits of Integrating Yoga and Story
We hope that both of these resources will inspire your families to start and continue a regular yoga practice together!
Please read the full Contest Rules below for details.
We look forward to your entries. Thank you for taking the time to participate. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems with the Rafflecopter tool below, email at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
Music and Movement Giveaway
To enter the contest, please sign in using your Facebook account or email, and click on the different ways to enter. You can enter every day using this Rafflecopter online giveaway tool.
1. International entries are welcome.
2. You can be any age to enter.
3. Participation in the contest constitutes that you agree to the Contest Rules.
4. Please enter using the Rafflecopter tool above, obtaining points if you Tweet, like on Facebook or answer the question. You can enter every day.
5. No purchase is necessary.
6. Kids Yoga Stories and Fireflies Yoga accept no responsibility or liability for any injuries or losses that may result from practicing the yoga poses in the book and CD. Please ensure your own safety and the safety of the children.
7. You must enter the contest giveaway with a valid email address. The winner will be notified by email and at that time we will request your mailing address. The shipping of the book and CD can take some time, depending on your location. Kids Yoga Stories and Fireflies Yoga will ship to you separately and will cover the shipping costs.
8. Let Giselle know if you have any questions by emailing her directly at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
9. The winner will be chosen on Sunday, July 21st, 2013.
For details on other Contest Giveaways on our site and on other sites, please see the details of Luke’s Beach Day’s June Virtual Book Launch. Thank you for helping to spread the word.
Like to know of other Contest Giveaways? Sign up for our weekly Kids Yoga Stories Newsletter (put name and email address into box at the top of the page) to get updates! Enjoy your music and movement experience.