Introducing the Toddler Yoga Book Review and Giveaway with Kids Yoga Stories
Enter contest at bottom of the post via the Rafflecopter online giveaway tool.
This is week #3 in our 10-Week Kids Yoga Resources Reviews and Giveaways.
Welcome to a program specifically designed for Infants, Toddlers, and Preschoolers: Itsy Bitsy Yoga. I just discovered Helen Garabedian’s book a few months ago, and only wished that I had found it when our daughter was born. Check out the Itsy Bitsy Yoga website for classes in your area, trainings, and products.
Helen’s top benefits for practicing toddler yoga:
- Fewer Tantrums
- Better and longer sleep
- Increased motor coordination
- Improved listening and ability to follow directions
- Better self-expression
- Higher self-esteem
- Easier relaxation
- A healthy and fit lifestyle
What I like about Itsy Bitsy Yoga for Toddlers and Preschoolers book:
- Over fifty postures appropriate for under five year olds
- Combination of physical postures, movement activities, songs, and rhymes
- Shows you how to practice yoga with your child from birth
- Parents exercise with their child and reap the benefits of yoga as well
- Basic information on how to get started, including what to wear, props to use, space to practice in, suitable breathing techniques, setting an intention, specific guidelines, and top ten tips
- Includes nine routines with a series of thematic poses, detailed descriptions, pictures of a parent and child in the poses, and suggested oral instructions
My favorite routine is the Tantrum Taming toddler yoga sequence which includes:
Spinning Around on the Spot
3-Legged Downward-Facing Dog Pose
Jumping Tree Pose
Warrior 2 Pose
Our daughter in Warrior 2 Pose
Let’s just say that our two-year-old daughter is a lively, spirited child! She gets extremely frustrated when she can’t yet do everything she wants to do, when she wants to do it, and how she wants to do it. This intense frustration leads to multiple tantrums a day. We are working together as a family to guide her lizard brain into learning ways to bring calm to her life. Imagine my excitement when I found the Tantrum Taming sequence. We have started “spinning” when a tantrum starts, and it immediately makes her giggle. I wonder if the spinning helps to shift the focus and allows the lizard brain to be distracted. Whatever it is, it works!
The practical tips in the Itsy Bitsy Yoga book help parents to practice yoga with their little ones. I would like to offer you the chance to win your own copy to try out at home!
For this Toddler Yoga Book Giveaway, Kids Yoga Stories will be giving away:
1 – Itsy Bitsy Yoga for Toddlers and Preschoolers: 8-Minute Routines to Help Your Child Grow Smarter, Be Happier, and Behave Better by Helen Garabedian ($16.95 value)
1 – Kids Yoga Stories book of your choice (up to $15.95 value)
Please read the full Contest Rules below for details.
We look forward to your entries. Thank you for taking the time to participate. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems with the Rafflecopter tool below, email at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
Toddler Yoga Book Giveaway
To enter the contest, please sign in using your Facebook account or email, and click on the different ways to enter. You can enter every day using this Rafflecopter online giveaway tool.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
1. International entries are welcome.
2. You can be any age to enter.
3. Participation in the contest constitutes that you agree to the Contest Rules.
4. Please enter using the Rafflecopter tool above, obtaining points as follow the different options. You can enter every day.
5. No purchase is necessary.
6. Kids Yoga Stories and Itsy Bitsy Yoga accept no responsibility or liability for any injuries or losses that may result from practicing the yoga poses in the books. Please ensure your own safety and the safety of the children.
7. You must enter the contest giveaway with a valid email address. The winner will be notified by email and at that time we will request your mailing address. The shipping of the book can take some time, depending on your location. Kids Yoga Stories will ship the books to you and will cover the shipping costs.
8. Let Giselle know if you have any questions by emailing her directly at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
9. The contest will close on Tuesday, October 21st, 2013, midnight PST.
Like to know of other Contest Giveaways? Sign up for our weekly Kids Yoga Stories Newsletter (put name and email address into box at the top of the page) to get updates of the upcoming weekly giveaways!