Fall and Halloween!
Fall and Halloween have been our themes over the past month.
It’s been over fifteen years since I’ve lived in a place that has four distinct seasons and people celebrate Halloween. So, it’s been an extra special year while I rediscover my youth and enjoy the vibrant colors of fall and the buzz of Halloween celebrations.
My daughter and I have gotten into the full swing of fall in New England, which is an event of its own. We have been to fall festivals, ridden on hayrides, attended Halloween parties, picked pumpkins, gone apple picking, and walked through the foliage.
I’ve incorporated all these experiences into a new yoga story and some fun yoga sequences.
Kids Yoga Sequences
Did you catch our autumn and Halloween yoga sequences?
|Halloween Yoga||Halloween Colors Yoga|
Kids Yoga Pose Challenge
Our Kids Love Yoga pose challenge continued this month, with a focus on Chair Pose and Child’s Pose.
If you are looking to focus on only one pose for the day or week, try one of these poses. Chair Pose increases stamina, stability, balance, and strength. In contrast, Child’s Pose helps to calm the mind, relieve stress, and release tension in the back. To continue the fall theme, you could pretend to be a farmer harvesting corn in Chair Pose or a pumpkin in Child’s Pose.
With the cooler weather, I have felt the need for slower vinyasa practice, and I’m making time for meditation. I have the feeling November is going to bring our family into hibernation mode: slowing down, nesting, and being indoors.
November is a month of gratitude and getting into the festive mood of giving back. Don’t miss our Ultimate Yoga for Kids Gift Guide for the yogis on your holiday list. Also, stay tuned for two mega giveaways, Festive Family Giveaway (see below), and Holiday Kindle HD Giveaway.
So now that you have some yoga-related ideas for November goals, what others are you hoping to meet? What challenges are you having? What successes are you celebrating?
My SMART goals for November
Each month, I ask myself these three questions:
- What makes me happy?
- How am I living a healthy lifestyle?
- How am I living my passion?
This year, I’m teaming up with a group of mommy bloggers, and we’re all writing our monthly goals in the hopes of inspiring you to write yours, too. Please join us, tell us your goals, and share your successes and failures. There is a group of supportive mommy bloggers here who would love to hear from you!
This month, I will:
- Socialize with local families (through parent meet-ups, playgroups, and book club) at least once a week.
- Phone a close friend and my mom at least once a week.
- Enjoy a girl’s weekend in New Orleans!
- Take weekly “me time” breaks, especially to read.
- Spend quality time with my daughter and embrace the miracles of toddlerhood.
- Attend a weekly program with my daughter at our local farm to learn about animals and the changing of the season.
- Enjoy the last bit of fall and begin to prepare for winter.
- Attend one to two yoga classes per week at a nearby yoga studio.
- Jog around our neighborhood four times a week. Figure out how to keep up the exercise in the cold weather.
- Go for weekly nature hikes with my husband and daughter.
- Eat healthy, fresh, whole food.
- Share The Ultimate Yoga for Kids Gift Guide, which includes 35 of my recommended yoga products.
- Share the Festive Family Blog Hop + Giveaway with other kid bloggers (see below).
- Share the Holiday Kindle Fire HD, Kids Edition Tablet Giveaway, hosted by over 65 other authors and bloggers
- Continue with the production of our next yoga books: 123 African Safari, Sophia Explores the Ocean, Rachel’s Day in the Garden, Ella’s Summer Fun, and Jenny’s Winter Walk.
- Share our Thanksgiving Yoga sequence.
- Share our brand-new Monthly Theme project—I am SO excited about this!
As always, I would love to hear your feedback. Please e-mail me at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com with your suggestions for improvement, either for the yoga stories or website. Help me deliver high-quality content that assists you with bringing global education, health, and happiness to children everywhere.
What is your theme for November? What do your mind, body, and spirit need right now? Who is your accountability partner (someone who helps keep you on track with your goals)? What makes you happy?
To see previous SMART Goals:
January, 2014 Goals
February, 2014 Goals
March, 2014 Goals
April, 2014 Goals
May, 2014 Goals
June, 2014 Goals
July, 2014 Goals
August & September, 2014 Goals
October, 2014 Goals
Festive Family Holiday Hop and Gift Guide Giveaway
I’ve partnered with 30+ fabulous bloggers to bring you a special holiday series filled with crafts, activities and traditions to bring joy to your family. We’ve put together a phenomenal giveaway to help knock out your holiday shopping for everyone on your list. Special thanks go to our headline sponsors: Minted and Foot Cardigan. There will be four winners – one for each prize package with a grand total of over $1800 in prizes.
The Festive Lady prize package contains a $100 Minted gift card, 2 $25 gift cards to Mary Regina Designs, a $97 gift set from Knocked Up Fitness, a one year subscription to Foot Cardigan valued at $121, a $25 gift card to Feather 4 Arrow, a $50 gift card to Kiki La Rue, and a $50 gift card to Blendfresh, for a total value of $493.
The Festive Gentleman prize consists of a $139 gift card to Jord Watches, a $55 gift card to Fish with Hope, a one year subscription to Foot Cardigan valued at $121, and a $40 gift set from Dollar Shave Club, for a grand total of $355.
The Festive Baby prize package totals $359 and is made up of a $100 Minted gift card, $60 handmade moccasins from Freshly Picked, $49 in Aden + Anais Mum + Bub Skin Care Products, $50 gift card from Bright Star Kids, $25 gift card to Garden of Arden, $25 gift card to Lil Things by Aimee, $25 gift card to Feather for Arrow, and a $25 Mixie Baby Bottle.
The Festive Kid prize package is the biggest of them all at $597 and contains a $50 Project Sensory gift card, $100 credit to Minted, 2 $60 monthly sock subscriptions to Whippersnappers, a $25 Handmade Doll from Designs by MSusan, $50 gift card to Bright Star Kids, $35 Personalized Night Before Christmas Book from I See Me, $73 in goodies from ALEX Toys, a $34 Peg Doll Set from Peg and Plum, a $30 Puppet Set from Adventure in a Box, a $25 gift card to Chewigem, and a $55 gift card to Stamped with Hope.
Enter to win one of these fabulous prize packages through the Rafflecopter tool below: