Australian “Read and Sew” Summer Giveaway by Sew Fun to Learn and Kids Yoga Stories
It is my absolute pleasure to introduce you to Leura from Sew Fun to Learn. Leura is an experienced primary school teacher who has just started her own hand-sewing business, where she teaches children (and adults) how to sew different projects.
What I love about Leura’s work:
- her background as a teacher which makes her instructions clear and easy to follow
- her creativity, evidenced by her projects that are eye-catching, engaging, and adorable
- her enthusiasm for teaching children to hand sew
- her vast selection of projects, including a whale, butterfly, owl, earth, and sea horse
- her love of hand-sewing which comes through in her work
- her passion for the environment which encourages us to also use old fabrics or, local or sustainable materials to make new projects
- her practical ideas that get children learning a new skill, developing their fine motor skills, connecting in a group, and having fun
The super exciting part is that Leura offered to create a Kangaroo Sewing Kit to match our newest book, Luke’s Beach Day.
A perfect combo to get your children get into ACTION this Summer – reading and sewing!
Watch the Sew Fun to Learn’s 8 minute video
with instructions on how to sew the kangaroo
Leura and I had a blast making the video together. My two-year-old daughter is often found clutching the kangaroo around the house or ‘out and about’. So cute!
For this “Read and Sew” Summer Giveaway, we will be giving away:
Kangaroos from Luke’s Beach Day
Please read the full Contest Rules below for details.
We look forward to your entries. Thank you for taking the time to participate.
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary Kangaroo to write this review, that I made with Leura during our video recording. All opinions are my own. I was not obligated to write a positive review.
For details on another Summer Giveaway on our site and on other sites, please see the details of Luke’s Beach Day’s June Virtual Book Launch. Spread the word!
Aussie “Read and Sew” Summer Giveaway
To enter the contest, please sign in using your Facebook account or email, and click on the different ways to enter. You can enter every day using this Rafflecopter online giveaway tool.
1. International entries are welcomed.
2. You can be any age to enter.
3. Participation in the contest constitutes that you agree to the Contest Rules.
4. Please enter using the Rafflecopter tool above, obtaining points if you Tweet, like on Facebook or answer the question. You can enter every day.
5. No purchase is necessary.
6. Kids Yoga Stories accepts no responsibility or liability for any injuries or losses that may result from practicing the yoga poses outlined in the coloring book. Please ensure your own safety and the safety of the children.
7. You must enter the contest giveaway with a valid email address. The winner will be notified by email and at that time I will request your mailing address. The shipping of Luke’s Beach Day storybook can take some time, depending on your location. I will cover the shipping costs.
8. Let me know if you have any questions by emailing me directly at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
9. The Kangaroo Sewing Kit will be sent to you directly from Sew Fun to Learn.
10. The winner will be chosen on Sunday, June 9th, 2013.
Like to know of other Contest Giveaways? Sign up for our weekly Kids Yoga Stories Newsletter (put name and email address into box at the top of the page) to get the updates!