Summer Fun and Relaxation for Kids Contest Giveaway by Kids Yoga Stories and Imaginations for Kids
Enter contest at bottom of the post via the Rafflecopter online giveaway tool!
It is an honor to introduce you to Carolyn Clarke, author of Imaginations: Fun Relaxation Stories and Meditations for Kids. Carolyn is a second-generation yoga and meditation teacher, who has taught yoga to children for over a decade.
What I love about Carolyn’s book:
- the separate introductions for both adults and children, detailing the benefits of relaxation and how-to use the book
- the list of yoga prep poses with pictures and step-by-step instructions
- introduction story to get children settled and into the right mindset to relax fully
- the eighteen stories are each short & sweet, cater to all the senses, are thematic, use calming words, and invite children to be creative and imaginative
- the images are colorful and engaging
One of Carolyn’s stories is “A Day at the Beach”. This relaxation story takes you on a journey to a sandy beach and you imagine hearing children playing, seagulls singing, and the sound of the waves.
Other resources by Carolyn:
- A Day at the Beach Pinterest idea board
- Teaching Yoga to Kids blog
Yoga principle 2.46, Sthira Sukham Asanam, encourages us to balance effort and surrender into our lives. We can teach this important concept to our children as well. Action and relax.
For this Action and Relax Summer Fun Contest Giveaway, we will be giving away:
A perfect combo to get your children get both MOVING and RELAXING this Summer!
Other resources from Kids Yoga Stories:
- Beach-inspired Kids Yoga Lesson Plan
- Luke’s Beach Day Coloring Page
- 14 Ways Yoga for Kids is a Good Idea
Children in Luke’s Beach Day
Please read the full Contest Rules below for details.
We look forward to your entries. Thank you for taking the time to participate. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems with the Rafflecopter tool below. My email is giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
For details on other Contest Giveaways on our site and on other sites, please see the details of Luke’s Beach Day’s June Virtual Book Launch. Help spread the word!
Action and Relax Summer Fun Giveaway
To enter the contest, please sign in using your Facebook account or email, and click on the different ways to enter. You can enter every day using this Rafflecopter online giveaway tool.
1. International entries are welcomed.
2. You can be any age to enter.
3. Participation in the contest constitutes that you agree to the Contest Rules.
4. Please enter using the Rafflecopter tool above, obtaining points if you Tweet, like on Facebook or answer the question. You can enter every day.
5. No purchase is necessary.
6. Kids Yoga Stories accepts no responsibility or liability for any injuries or losses that may result from practicing the yoga poses outlined in the coloring book. Please ensure your own safety and the safety of the children.
7. You must enter the contest giveaway with a valid email address. The winner will be notified by email and at that time I will request your mailing address. The shipping of Luke’s Beach Day storybook can take some time, depending on your location. I will cover the shipping costs.
8. Let me know if you have any questions by emailing me directly at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
9. The Imaginations book will be sent to you directly from Carolyn Clarke.
10. The winner will be chosen on Sunday, June 16th, 2013.
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary Imaginations book to write this review. All opinions are my own. I was not obligated to write a positive review.
Like to know of other Contest Giveaways? Sign up for our weekly Kids Yoga Stories Newsletter (put name and email address into box at the top of the page) to get the updates!