Introducing the Spanish Yoga Summer Pack Giveaway by Kids Yoga Stories and Umbral Yoga
Enter contest at bottom of the post via the Rafflecopter online giveaway tool!
It is my pleasure to introduce you to Lina Navia of Umbral Yoga. My dear friend, Richard, introduced us last year once he heard that I was publishing yoga-inspired stories. Richard currently lives in Columbia and Lina was born there. Lina currently lives in Los Angeles, California where she introduces yoga to adults and children in the Spanish-speaking community. Lina has produced a Spanish Yoga video which I would love to share with you.
What I love about Lina’s Spanish Yoga video:
- her clear, easy-to-understand Spanish instructions, as a native Columbian
- simple video background that isn’t too stimulating for little ones, also reminded me of a courtyard in Guatemala which adds to the Latin feel
- she takes the children on “journeys” to the beach, Africa, and the farm, which helps them to build meaningful connections to the movements and develops their creativity
- the video is 26 minutes long, a perfect length of time for children
- the Sun Salute at the beginning of class is spoken in rhyme, which is catchy for children
- the target age is 4 to 10 years old, but our toddler loves the class too
- her yoga instructions are engaging, encouraging, uplifting and soothing, and the video is a pleasure to watch over and over again with our little one
- the video has lasting benefits off the screen
- the reinforcement of counting from “1 to 10” in Spanish during Tree Pose, fun way to learn her numbers
- the video also includes an Adult Yoga Class and Guide to the Poses
But, most of all … our daughter loves Lina’s video! She is learning Spanish, practicing yoga, and having fun. She does the Giraffe Pose when she sees a giraffe at the zoo, she stops on the street to do Tree Pose while pointing to a tree, and she jumps down into a Surfboard in the kitchen. She’s hooked!
Five for Five:
Five kids yoga poses to take you on a “journey” to the Beach
Palm Tree – Tree Pose
Surfboard – Plank Pose
Swimming Pose – Locust Pose with arms swimming
Shark – Shark Pose
Sea Turtle – Extended Child’s Pose
For this Spanish Kids Yoga Contest Giveaway, 3 winners will be receiving:
A perfect combo to get your children IN ACTION and LEARNING SPANISH this summer!
Other resources from Kids Yoga Stories:
- Luke’s Beach Day Coloring Page
- 14 Ways Yoga for Kids is a Good Idea
- Review of Sophia’s Jungle Adventure (Spanish version) on Spanish Playground
- 10 Tips for Starting a Family Yoga Practice
Image from Luke’s Beach Day
Please read the full Contest Rules below for details.
We look forward to your entries. Thank you for taking the time to participate. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems with the Rafflecopter tool below. My email is giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
For details on other Contest Giveaways on our site and on other sites, please see the details of Luke’s Beach Day’s June Virtual Book Launch. Help spread the word!
Spanish Yoga Summer Giveaway
To enter the contest, please sign in using your Facebook account or email, and click on the different ways to enter. You can enter every day using this Rafflecopter online giveaway tool.
1. The winners need to have mailing addresses in the United States.
2. You can be any age to enter.
3. Participation in the contest constitutes that you agree to the Contest Rules.
4. Please enter using the Rafflecopter tool above, obtaining points if you Tweet, like on Facebook or answer the question. You can enter every day.
5. No purchase is necessary.
6. Kids Yoga Stories and Umbral Yoga accept no responsibility or liability for any injuries or losses that may result from practicing the yoga poses outlined in the book and video. Please ensure your own safety and the safety of the children.
7. You must enter the contest giveaway with a valid email address. The winner will be notified by email and at that time I will request your mailing address. The shipping of the book and video can take some time, depending on your location. I will cover the shipping costs.
8. Let me know if you have any questions by emailing me directly at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
9. The winner will be chosen on Sunday, June 23rd, 2013.
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary Yoga in Spanish by Lina Navia video, but I requested to write the review and host the giveaway. All opinions are my own. I was not obligated to write a positive review.
Like to know of other Contest Giveaways? Sign up for our weekly Kids Yoga Stories Newsletter (put name and email address into box at the top of the page) to get the updates!