Is summer really over?
But it’s still warm here in New England! We had a fabulous August, with all of our family visiting from Canada. They even humored me with a photo shoot on the beach in various yoga poses (see picture below). So cute!
Now for September, when it’s time to concentrate on back-to-school activities and supporting my daughter’s preschool to doing what they do best–connect, educate, and inspire. My focus is also on bringing you some fun and active autumn activities. And announcing our first yoga card deck for toddlers and preschoolers!
Did you catch our back-to-school articles?
I hope you find something valuable here:
- 40 Ways to Teach Kindness
- Love Rocks Project by Lilly Murray
- 6 Ways to Ease Stress of School Transition by Katie Manitsas
- Labor Day Yoga
- Autumn Yoga
We are looking forward to experiencing our first Northeastern Autumn. We have filled my daughter’s book display with Autumn-themed books to get into the mood for this change of season. You see, my daughter and husband have never lived anywhere that experiences four distinct seasons, so it’s an exciting adventure for our family. We hear that people travel for miles to see the colors of fall and go apple picking!
How about you?
What are your goals for September? What challenges are you having? What successes are you celebrating?
My SMART goals for September
Each month, I ask myself these three questions:
- What makes me happy?
- How am I living a healthy lifestyle?
- How am I living my passion?
This year, I’m teaming up with a group of mommy bloggers, and we’re all writing our monthly goals in the hopes of inspiring you to write your goals, too. Please join us, tell us your goals, and share your successes and failures. There is a group of supportive mommy bloggers here who would love to hear from you, too!
This month, I will:
- Socialize with local families through parent meet-ups, playgroups, and book club at least once a week.
- Phone a close friend and my mom at least once a week.
- Take weekly “me time” breaks, especially to read. I’m currently reading a bunch of “Learning through Movement” education books which are super inspiring!
- Spend quality time with my daughter and embrace the miracles of toddlerhood, though I need lots of inner strength for getting through the intensity of her tantrums at the moment.
- Enjoy a visit from my cousin from Canada (pictured below)!
My extended family practicing Tree Pose on the beach at our Family Reunion.
- Attend one to two yoga classes per week at a nearby yoga studio.
- Jog around our neighborhood four times a week.
- Start tracking how many miles I run.
- Go for weekly nature hikes with my husband and daughter.
- Eat healthy, fresh, whole food.
- Take my cousin and daughter to this Sunday’s Family Yoga in the Park session.
My mom and daughter at Family Yoga in the Park class.
- Celebrate the release of our first yoga card deck!
- Share a list of fun and educational fall activities, along with a special Halloween giveaway with other kid bloggers.
- Share our next Kids Love Yoga pose challenge, which will focus on Chair Pose. (Send your photos of kiddos in Chair Pose to giselle at kidsyogastories dot com by September 23rd to be added to the collection.)
- Continue with the production of our next yoga books: 123 African Safari, Sophia Explores the Ocean, Rachel’s Day in the Garden, and Ella’s Summer Fun.
- Finish editing the winter yoga story.
- Attend a Mompreneurs local meet-up to connect with other business owners.
- Attend the first Kids Yoga Conference in Washington, DC, and connect with other kids yoga experts and enthusiasts.
My daughter playing with our first yoga card deck.
As always, I would love to hear your feedback. Please e-mail me at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com with your suggestions for improvement, either for the yoga stories or website. Help me deliver high-quality content that assists you with bringing happiness, health, and global education to children everywhere.
What is your theme for September? What does your mind, body, and spirit need right now? Who is your accountability partner (i.e. someone who helps keep you on track with your goals)? What would make you happy?
To see previous SMART Goals:
Mama Smiles – Joyful Parenting
Happily Ever Mom
Kids Yoga Stories
Lemon Lime Adventures
The Educators’ Spin On It
The Life of Jennifer Dawn