Meditation for Kids Book Review and Giveaway by Kids Yoga Stories and Kids Yoga 101
Enter the contest at bottom of the post via the Rafflecopter online giveaway tool.
This is week #8 in our 10-Week Kids Yoga Resources Reviews and Giveaways.
I’m excited to introduce you to Carolyn Clarke, author of Imaginations: Fun Relaxation Stories and Meditations for Kids. Carolyn has over a decade of experience teaching yoga to children. Her mom is also a yoga teacher. Carolyn is living her passion, which clearly comes through in her lovely book on meditation for kids. I only wished that I had found this book when I was a primary school teacher.
What I love about Carolyn’s meditation for kids book:
- separate introductions for both adults and children, detailing the benefits of relaxation and how to use the book
- list of yoga prep poses, including Happy Baby Pose, Legs Up, and Resting Pose, with pictures and step-by-step instructions
- introduction story to get children settled and into the right mindset to relax fully
- eighteen stories are each short and sweet, cater to all the senses, are thematic, use calming words, and invite children to be creative and imaginative
- colorful and engaging images
- simple layout and easy-to-read stories
- stories have meaningful and age-appropriate topics, that could be easily be incorporated into the classroom or homeschool
- excellent resource for beginners to relaxation techniques or meditation
- stories are written for young children, but could also be enjoyed by older siblings and adults too
Imaginations is my go-to book for reading and referencing relaxation stories and meditations for kids. I’m looking forward to her stories on audio so I can listen to them with our daughter as well. Her next book should be released shortly. The book is available on Kindle format too, which is helpful if you want to take the book with you on holiday.
Don’t miss her free downloadable Loving Kindness story on her website.
You can purchase the book:
Imaginations for Kids
The winner of this meditation for kids book giveaway, will receive:
1 – Imaginations: Fun Relaxation Stories and Meditations for Kids book, by Carolyn Clarke ($19.99 value)
1 – A Kids Yoga Stories book of your choice (up to $15.95 value)
Please read the full Contest Rules below for details.
We look forward to your entries. Thank you for taking the time to participate. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems with the Rafflecopter tool below by sending me an e-mail at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
Meditation for Kids Books Giveaway
To enter the contest, sign in using your Facebook account or e-mail and click on the different ways to enter. You can enter every day using this Rafflecopter online giveaway tool.
1. Entries are open worldwide.
2. You can be any age to enter.
3. Participation in the contest constitutes that you agree to the Contest Rules.
4. Please enter using the Rafflecopter tool above, obtaining points as follow the different options.
5. You can enter every day.
6. No purchase is necessary.
7. Kids Yoga Stories and Kids Yoga 101 accept no responsibility or liability for any injuries or losses that may result from practicing the yoga poses in the books. Please ensure your own safety and the safety of the children.
8. You must enter the contest giveaway with a valid e-mail address. The winner will be notified by e-mail, and at that time, we will request a mailing address. The shipping of the books can take some time, depending on the winner’s location. Kids Yoga Stories and Kids Yoga 101 will ship the books separately and will cover the shipping costs.
9. If you have any questions, e-mail Giselle directly at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
10. The contest closes on Monday, November 25th, 2013, midnight PST.
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary Imaginations book to write this review. All opinions are my own. I was not obligated to write a positive review.
Would you like to be notified of other reviews and contest giveaways? Sign up for our weekly Kids Yoga Stories Newsletter (put name and email address into box at the top of the page) to get updates of the upcoming weekly giveaways!