Introducing the Kids Yoga Book Review and Giveaway by Kids Yoga Stories and ChildLight Yoga
At the end of the post, enter the contest via the Rafflecopter online giveaway tool.
This is week #10 in our 10-Week Kids Yoga Resources Reviews and Giveaways. Join us next week for the Mega-Giveaway Finale.
As a parent and former teacher, I have the distinct pleasure to introduce you to Lisa Flynn, founder of ChildLight Yoga and author of Yoga for Children. Besides being an amazing author, Lisa Flynn is a beautiful soul who does amazing work with ChildLight Yoga and Yoga 4 Classrooms. Definitely check out her resources, teacher trainings, and workshops.
I love practical, inspiring, research-based, and user-friendly books written by experienced, passionate authors. Flynn’s Yoga for Children is one of my go-to reference books for kids yoga. Many of you ask about how to get started with practicing yoga with children. Well, here’s the perfect book!
My pre-release endorsement:
Finally, a comprehensive resource with practical tips of how to introduce yoga into your everyday life. This book is a necessity for when you want to either relax and unwind or get moving and laughing with your entire family. I LOVE it!”
Giselle Shardlow, M.Ed.
Kids Yoga Stories
What I love about Lisa Flynn’s Yoga for Children book:
- The overall layout has bright colors and professional photographs of children demonstrating the poses.
- Its comprehensive introduction debunks myths about yoga and presents research-based benefits of yoga, age-appropriate expectations and activities, and suggested props.
- The list of yoga principles is written in clear, meaningful language, with related books and activities.
- The ten tips for successfully sharing yoga with children are fantastic, making it a perfect resource for yoga beginners or experienced practitioners.
- It offers tools to connect and bond with your children in fun, playful ways.
- The practice is presented as creative, accessible, and holistic.
- Flynn details the tenets of yoga, including meditation, breathing techniques, physical postures, family yoga, games, songs, chants, and relaxation.
- She provides practical advice on how to create a yoga practice for your family that is either five minutes or one hour long so that it suits all families who would like to share the joy of yoga with their children.
- Sample sequences get you started with poses, including the benefits, what to do, and what to say.
- It connects yoga and story:
“Incorporate themes and stories. Four-to-six year olds become especially engaged when stories and themes are incorporated into their yoga sessions. Themes can be based on any interesting, child-friendly subject. Some theme category ideas include places, animal groups… and of course, stories and adventure! You can make up your own stories or use a picture book as a guide. Books with animal adventures work best. Inspiring your child’s imagination and creativity is easy with yoga!” (p 34)
I couldn’t agree more with Lisa’s comments about the benefits of yoga and story.
Photo from ChildLight Yoga website.
To purchase Yoga for Children:
The winner of this kids yoga books giveaway will receive:
1- Yoga for Children: 200+ Yoga Poses, Breathing Exercises, and Meditations for Healthier, Happier, More Resilient Children book by Lisa Flynn ($17.95 value)
1 – A Kids Yoga Stories book of your choice (up to $15.95 value)
Please read the full Contest Rules below for details.
We look forward to your entries. Thank you for taking the time to participate. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems with the Rafflecopter tool below by sending me an e-mail at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
Kids Yoga Books Giveaway
To enter the contest, sign in using your Facebook account or e-mail and click on the different ways to enter. You can enter every day using this Rafflecopter online giveaway tool.
1. Entries are open to Canadian and United States addresses only.
2. You can be any age to enter.
3. Participation in the contest constitutes that you agree to the Contest Rules.
4. Please enter using the Rafflecopter tool above, obtaining points as follow the different options.
5. You can enter every day.
6. No purchase is necessary.
7. Kids Yoga Stories and ChildLight Yoga accept no responsibility or liability for any injuries or losses that may result from practicing the yoga poses in the books. Please ensure your own safety and the safety of the children.
8. You must enter the contest giveaway with a valid e-mail address. The winner will be notified by e-mail, and at that time, we will request a mailing address. The shipping of the books can take some time, depending on the winner’s location. Kids Yoga Stories and ChildLight Yoga will ship the books separately and will cover the shipping costs.
9. If you have any questions, e-mail Giselle directly at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
10. The contest closes on Monday, December 9th, 2013, midnight EST.
Want to be notified of other reviews and contest giveaways? Sign up for our weekly Kids Yoga Stories Newsletter (put name and email address into box at the top of the page) to get updates of the upcoming weekly giveaways!