Introducing the Move With Me and Kids Yoga Stories Kids Yoga Adventure Book and Videos Giveaway
Enter contest at bottom of the post via the Rafflecopter online giveaway tool.
Please meet Leah Kalish, the founder of Move with Me Action Adventures and producer of the Scooter & Me Story and Movement kids yoga adventure DVDs for ages 3 to 7. I first learned of Leah’s work at the beginning of the year when her program was one of the top 10 ideas for ending childhood obesity in the Partnership for a Healthier America challenge.
My daughter and I have been practicing yoga along with Leah’s Move with Me DVDs.
What I like about the kids yoga adventure videos by Move with Me:
- Based on various themes that could be integrated into the classroom (ex. ocean, zoo, outer space, and Africa)
- Each video is 25 to 30 minutes long, which is just the right time to keep children’s attention
- Each video includes a warm-up, story with movement, relaxation, and skill review
- Parent/Teacher Guides with adventure skills summary, story lessons, and tips
- Breathing techniques are integrated throughout the videos (ex. humming breath and extended exhale)
- Great for beginners to yoga
- Videos can be used as a springboard for learning about a specific topic (ex. watch zoo video before going to the zoo)
- Features a teacher and children demonstrating the poses, so children can easily see follow along independently
- Incorporates the different aspects of yoga including physical postures, character education, breathing techniques, guided visualization
- Program is based on the PE Standards, Educational Research, and Brain Gym
- A good resource for your home, classroom, or homeschool
To look more closely, the Coral Reef (story 8) video takes you on a journey to the beaches of Australia and into the water to see the animals that swim around the coral reef. Ten ocean animals described in the kids yoga adventure video:
Manta ray – Mountain Pose (with flapping arms)
Seahorse – Warrior 1 Pose
Octopus – Standing Forward Bend
Dolphin – Dolphin Pose
Electric Eel – Locust Pose
Shark – Shark Pose
Hermit Crab – Extended Child’s Pose
Sea Turtle – Tortoise Pose
Crab – Table Top Pose
Sea Anemone – Happy Baby Pose
This particular video would compliment our Australian book series featuring Luke, one of our Yoga Kids, who is from Australia. Luke is the main character in Luke’s Beach Day, The ABC’s of Australian Animals, and Luke’s A to Z of Australian Animals Coloring Book.
For this Kids Yoga Adventure Book and Videos Giveaway, we will be giving away:
- Videos available in Mp4 format
- 9 Yoga/Movement Story Videos
- 16 Adventure Skill Flash Cards
- Adventure Skills Poster download
- P/T Guide download
- Activity Page downloads
Other resources by Kids Yoga Stories:
- Luke’s Beach Day Coloring Page
- 14 Ways Yoga for Kids is a Good Idea
- 10 Tips for Starting a Family Yoga Practice
- Benefits of Integrating Yoga and Story
We hope that these resources will inspire your families to start and continue a regular yoga practice together!
Please read the full Contest Rules below for details.
We look forward to your entries. Thank you for taking the time to participate. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems with the Rafflecopter tool below, email at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
Kids Yoga Adventure Book and Videos Giveaway
To enter the contest, please sign in using your Facebook account or email, and click on the different ways to enter. You can enter every day using this Rafflecopter online giveaway tool.
1. International entries are welcome.
2. You can be any age to enter.
3. Participation in the contest constitutes that you agree to the Contest Rules.
4. Please enter using the Rafflecopter tool above, obtaining points if you Tweet, like on Facebook, or answer the question. You can enter every day.
5. No purchase is necessary.
6. Kids Yoga Stories and Move with Me Action Adventures accept no responsibility or liability for any injuries or losses that may result from practicing the yoga poses in the book and DVDs. Please ensure your own safety and the safety of the children.
7. You must enter the contest giveaway with a valid email address. The winner will be notified by email and at that time we will request your mailing address. The shipping of the book can take some time, depending on your location. Kids Yoga Stories will ship the book to you and will cover the shipping costs. The Move with Me Action Adventures DVDs will be downloadable anytime.
8. Let Giselle know if you have any questions by emailing her directly at giselle at kidsyogastories dot com.
9. The winner will be chosen on Tuesday, October 8th, 2013.
Like to know of other Contest Giveaways? Sign up for our weekly Kids Yoga Stories Newsletter (put name and email address into box at the top of the page) to get updates of the upcoming weekly giveaways!