Are you looking for easy chair yoga themes for your classroom or homeschool?
I’ve put together a list of themes from our monthly chair yoga series to give you a starting point to introduce movement in the classroom in a fun, creative, and easy way. Each theme includes five yoga postures using a chair. Each yoga pose is intended to:
- energize students at the beginning of the school day to get their minds ready to learn
- give students a brain break after a long academic session
- help students release energy after recess so they can focus on their next learning experience
- introduce a new topic through movement and by stimulating their creative minds
- provide a quick and easy way to add movement after long periods of sitting
- develop the student’s flexibility and strength
- serve as inspiration that you can adapt to your classroom
- help promote a healthy, active lifestyle.
Year-Round Monthly Chair Yoga Themes for Kids
Click on the images or links below to find a monthly theme for inspiration. Also, find a featured yoga book to go along with each theme:
|January: Winter Chair Yoga||January Featured Yoga Book:
Jenny’s Winter Walk
|February: Animals Chair Yoga||February Featured Yoga Book:
Good Night, Animal World
|March: Garden Chair Yoga||March Featured Yoga Book:
Rachel’s Day in the Garden
|April: Desert Chair Yoga
(+ Printable Poster)
|April Featured Yoga Book:
Emily’s Day in the Desert
Come back regularly for more monthly themes!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Monthly Chair Yoga Themes
Download 40 Kid-Friendly Chair Yoga Pose PNG Images
You can purchase 40 PNG images to create your own sequences, make up your own yoga cards, or design your own yoga games:
You Might Also Love
Get Updates from Kids Yoga Stories
For more yoga tips and kids yoga resources, sign up for our weekly Kids Yoga Stories newsletter by adding your email address to the box at the top of the page.